Video Show Technicians / Event + Show Services
Westbury National is always on the lookout for talented individuals who are available and interested in working on a freelance basis as video technicians on our event jobsites.
Video Show Technicians are responsible for the installation, operation and tear down of video systems of all sizes, in various venues and environments for live events. This role will also assist other departmental crews as required, so a general technical knowledge base is encouraged. Key responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of the technical team; following instructions from Crew Leads and Technical Directors to perform required tasks efficiently and mindfully.
- Participating in safely loading and unloading of trucks carrying production equipment
- Demonstrating a familiarity with industry standards of video production practices including signal flow, networking, power distribution and electrical safety
- Reading and interpreting video system paperwork for use in execution on site, including drawings, diagrams and patch paperwork.
- Methodically troubleshooting technical challenges and demonstrating creative problem-solving skills
- Maintaining a safe working environment while working within the requirements of the company’s Health & Safety program and operational procedures
- Working at heights, either in lifts or on ladders
Qualifications and required skill sets include:
- Completion of industry-related post-secondary education program or equivalent industry experience
- Knowledge of common practices used in live events and theatre
- Experience focusing projectors, setting up screens, dealing with various resolutions and signal conversion
- Knowledge of lift machinery and equipment, such as scissor and boom lifts, and the safe working procedures involved.
- Knowledge of conventional methods of building truss structures and mounting and rigging video equipment.