Technical Project Manager
As a member of the Audio Visual Solutions Division, the Project Manager is responsible for the efficient, quality-driven and safe execution of audio-visual integration projects. This role will be based in the Toronto area.
- Supervision of all personnel and task assignment on project sites
- Review and understand all contract documents, including contracts, bid drawings and specs, subcontractor scopes of work, and construction schedule
- Maintain a complete understanding of project objectives and requirements, including financial, logistical, technical, personnel, materials, and scope of work
- Initiate Group project kick-off meeting, involving key personnel from the Sales, Engineering and Installation departments
- Coordinate internal activities associated with project execution, including submittals, scheduling, design and engineering, fabrication and installation, progress reports, commissioning, and testing & troubleshooting
- Liaise with client, general contractors, and other trades, and coordinate logistics as required.
- Assist with, or facilitate the ordering of materials upon approval of submittal documents or verification from engineering for design-build projects.
- Attend and perform site visits in the pre-planning phase and in the final commissioning stage to obtain final sign-off.
- 3-5 years experience in the AV integration industry or similar environment.
- Previous AV Project Management experience would be considered a strong asset
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast pace deadline driven environment
- Ability to supervise and manage tasks, on site personnel to meet project objectives
- Possess a thorough understanding of AV system functionality and installation processes and techniques
- Possess an understanding of digital video formats and transmissions, and control system topologies and networking
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve project-related issues, including personnel, technical, and logistical
- Ability to generate effective business and technical correspondence and documents
- Ability to read and comprehend project technical documents including engineering and architectural drawings, schedules, test reports, and commissioning documents.
- Experience or proficiency in VC configurations an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective time management and an attention to detail
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License