Sales Development Representative
Westbury National’s AVS (Audio Visual Solutions) Division is a diverse group of industry professionals, dedicated to building upon our enduring history of designing and deploying complex installed audio-visual solutions for our customers across Canada and around the world.
As what our customers need from us, and how we provide value to our customers evolves, we need a like-minded technology business development specialist who possess the drive, energy, enthusiasm, and vision to help execute on our growth strategies.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is a critical role in expanding Westbury National's presence within the corporate and education verticals with a revolutionary market-leading approach to deploying technology solutions for these customers. This role will report to the Vice President of AVS.
To be successful in this role the incumbent must be able to establish and develop strategic relationships with key decision makers and have the confidence to shape and influence their decision-making criteria. You should possess a compelling sales personality and a hunger to source, develop and close new business. This is an exciting opportunity to be a catalyst for driving the growth plans of Westbury National and leading a market revolution!
- Research the markets you are responsible for and become the expert in all aspects of your target customer niches. You will constantly strive to know more about their businesses than they do and have an intimate understanding of what they need before they can vocalize it.
- Prospect for new business opportunities in the markets where our solutions could help a customer solve their business challenges
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue and gross margin targets, develop and manage a plan to ensure consistent delivery at or above target
- Develop and maintain ongoing list of targets for new accounts and recapture of lost accounts
- Actively build and maintain a pipeline of ongoing leads and qualified opportunities to close new business
- Build and maintain an active referral and partner network
- Collaborate internally with peers across Westbury to contribute in securing new business
- Actively use our CRM platform as directed by the management team; when you’re not with a customer you’ll be in the CRM, utilizing it to its full potential as a tool to ensure we are serving our customers and meeting our revenue achievement objectives.
- Partner with Marketing to execute targeted campaigns focused on new business growth and market positioning.
- Able to successfully to follow a defined and rigorous sales process, and customer value playbook.
- Engage team members across Westbury leadership, marketing, sales, production and creative to help us win new opportunities
- 3-5+ years of experience in AV, technology, telecommunications, or another parallel industry; in a sales or business development role
- Consistent and quantifiable history of above quota achievement
- Experience successfully selling to Corporate, Fortune 100, Banking/Professional Services, SMB, or Education customer verticals
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Formal training in professional selling methodologies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven knowledge in the development and execution of successful business development strategies
- Focused and goal-oriented