Lighting Shop Technicians / Event + Show Services Division
Working within the Lighting Department, the Lighting Shop Technician works closely with all Westbury shop staff and reports directly to the Lighting Department Managers, while responding to the needs and requests of the Event + Show Services Division.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Identifying repair and maintenance needs of all Westbury lighting inventory
- Preparing lighting equipment for use on shows/rentals
- Checking in and inspecting the lighting inventory when it returns from shows/rentals
- Co-ordinating with the other lighting staff on shows and day-to-day activities in the shop
- Assisting in the loading and unloading of trucks
- Addressing special requests and equipment conflicts
- Working alongside and in cooperation with other Event + Show Services departments in the prepping of equipment, and other shop-based activities and tasks.
- Keeping up to date on the latest innovations and developments in lighting technology
- Participating in all required safety-related and skills development training, and working within the company’s health & safety policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Experience with live event lighting equipment, current industry standards, and related technology
- Willingness to learn, through formalized training and hands-on experience
- Excellent organizational abilities; can prioritize and meet timelines in a busy environment
- A good working knowledge of Windows-based software applications, including MS Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Physically capable of lifting and handling equipment
- Ability to securely pack a truck