Field Service Engineer (AVS)
As a Field Service Engineer, your primary responsibility is to diagnose and repair professional Audio-Visual systems. You will be knowledgeable in the programming and configuration of various manufacturer’s DSP system platforms, control automation systems, digital video switching and distribution systems, telephone hybrids, video conference codecs, TCP/IP networks and network equipment, and the use and implementation of these systems in professional audio-visual systems and environments.These responsibilities will see you working closely with all members of the project team including all Audio + Visual Solutions departments. This role will be based in the Toronto area.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Configuration and testing of new and legacy AV equipment. Configuration may include uploading of current firmware, setting Network Information, and any other device configuration and testing as required.
- Onsite testing, configuration and commissioning of complete audio-visual systems and control systems. These operations may include testing and verification of inter-device communications between all equipment in the audio-visual system, verification of video resolutions, configuration of EDID tables, DSP system configuration, and system operation verification.
- Diagnosis of configuration and wiring errors and ensuring that corrective action is taken.
- Implementation and de-bugging of complete control system programs. This process will involve extensive repetitive testing of all audio-visual functions to ensure that the control system is functioning as intended. These control system programs may be authored by you or other members of the programming team. Document and/or correct any operational problems found during testing.
- Ability to interpret drawings and update team on any required changes.
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Work with all stakeholders in the project to help develop control system architecture that will fulfill the client’s expectations of the operation of the system.
- Work with other members of the project team to create UI snapshots and workflow documents to convey the operation of the system to the client and/or consultant.
- Work within the company’s health & safety and operational policies & procedures.
- Travel and work flexible hours, as required.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years industry experience
- Knowledge of the following is required:
- AV management software e.g. Creston Fusion and XiO Cloud.
- Audio DSP platforms: Biamp Tesira, Q-Sys, BSS London Control system platforms: Crestron, AMX, Extron
- Valid Ontario G-Class Driver License with a clean driving record