Field Service Engineer / Audio + Visual Solutions Division
As a Field Service Engineer, your primary responsibility is to diagnose and repair professional Audio-Visual systems. You will be knowledgeable in the programming and configuration of various manufacturer’s DSP system platforms, control automation systems, digital video switching and distribution systems, telephone hybrids, video conference codecs, TCP/IP networks and network equipment, and the use and implementation of these systems in professional audio-visual systems and environments.These responsibilities will see you working closely with all members of the project team including all Audio + Visual Solutions departments.
- Your responsibilities as a Field Service Engineer may include, but are not limited to the following:
Configuration and testing of AV system components. Configuration may include
uploading of current firmware, setting device IP’s or device ID numbers, and any other
device configuration and testing as may be required.
- Onsite testing, configuration and commissioning of complete audio-visual systems and
control automation systems. These operations may include testing and verification of
inter-device communications between the components of the control system and all
other devices in the audio-visual system, verification of video resolutions, configuration
of EDID tables, DSP system configuration, and system operation verification.
- Diagnosis of configuration and wiring errors and ensuring that corrective action is
taken. Implementation and de-bugging of complete control system programs. This
process will involve extensive repetitive testing of all audio-visual functions to ensure
that the automation system is functioning as intended. These control system programs
may be authored by you or other members of the programming team. Document
and/or correct any operational problems found during testing.
- Maintaining jobsite working drawings with field changes and testing notes for inclusion
with as-built drawings.
- Work with all stakeholders in the project to help develop control system architecture
that will fulfill the client’s expectations of the operation of the system.
- Work with other members of the project team to create GUI snapshots and workflow
documents to convey the operation of the system to the client and/or consultant.
- Work within the company’s health & safety and operational policies & procedures.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 5 years of experience in the Audio-Visual Installation Industry
- 2 years of Crestron programming experience
- 2 years of DSP programming experience
- Experience with Audio & Video Conference equipment
- Strong knowledge of computer network
- Travel and work flexible hours, as required
- Driver license (G) with a clean abstract
- Access to vehicle (Mileage reimbursed)