As an Audio Field Engineer, your primary responsibility is in the configuration of various manufacturers’ DSP system platforms, control automation systems, digital video switching & distribution systems, telephone hybrids, video conference codecs, TCP/IP networks and network equipment, and the use and implementation of these systems in professional audiovisual systems and environments. You will also be required to diagnose and repair professional audiovisual systems in a Service capacity.
These responsibilities will see you working closely with all members of the project team including all Audio + Visual Solutions departments. Your responsibilities as an Audio Field Engineer may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Configuration and testing of AV system components. Configuration may include uploading of current firmware, setting device IP’s or device ID numbers, and any other device configuration and testing as may be required.
- Onsite testing, configuration and commissioning of complete audiovisual systems and control automation systems. These operations may include testing and verification of inter-device communications between the components of the control system and all other devices in the audiovisual system, verification of video resolutions, configuration of EDID tables, DSP system configuration, and system operation verification
- Diagnosis of configuration and wiring errors and ensuring that corrective action is taken; and implementation and de-bugging of complete control system programs. This process will involve extensive repetitive testing of all audiovisual functions to ensure that the automation system is functioning as intended. These control system programs may be authored by you or other members of the programming team. Document and/or correct any operational problems found during testing.
- Maintaining jobsite working drawings with field changes and testing notes for inclusion with as-built drawings.
- Work with all stakeholders in the project to help develop audio DSP and control system architecture that will fulfill the client’s expectations of the operation of the system.
- Work with other members of the project team to create GUI snapshots and workflow documents to convey the operation of the system to the client and/or consultant.
- Follow health & safety and operational policies & procedures.
- Travel and work flexible hours, as required.
- 3-5 years experience in AV industry
- Audio Visual / Video conferencing equipment knowledge
- Diagnosing problems with projectors, amplifiers, speakers, microphones, LCD/plasma displays.
- Experience with some of the following technology vendors products: Biamp, Extron, Crestron, ClearOne, and similar.
- Audio mixer software experience
- Must have troubleshooting experience, and PC
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs and climb ladders up to 8 feet.
- Audiovisual or Videoconferencing manufacturer training certificates are a plus.