The Audiovisual Design Engineer will be part of the AVS technical team. The incumbent will play an integral role in the pre-sales and design stage of integration projects, the successful individual will work collaboratively with Account Managers and technical sales to support the conceptualizing, qualifying, positioning and closing of integrated technology projects.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with Account Managers to develop and design solutions to meet customer requirements
- Design and document fully integrated AV systems to include signal routing, audio systems, video conferencing, audio conferencing and all related components
- Respond to RFQs, RFIs, and RFPs. Assist in creating solutions with application drawings and related technical materials for presentation to prospective customers
- Act as a liaison between suppliers and service department to resolve any integration or general technical issues that arise • Keep current with new products and developments in the industry by attending shows, conferences and engaging in forum discussions
Required Technical Knowledge
- Audiovisual and Videoconferencing industry knowledge is required.
- Unified Communications experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of videowall technology is considered a major asset
- Experience with Crestron control design is required and Crestron Digital Media experience is preferred
- General knowledge of data networking products/solutions and network design including: Routing, Switching, IP networks, VPNs, Servers, Security and Hosting
- Internet technologies, architecture, and design
- Ability to use Microsoft Visio to create detailed drawings. Experience with CAD would be considered an asset.
- Advanced PC skills including spreadsheets and word processing
Applicants for this role must have the following:
- At least 5 years of related work experience in Audiovisual and/or IT industry
- Minimum of 2 years in a pre-sales engineering role
- General network design experience in the telecommunication industry dealing with WAN, LAN, Internet/IP, VoIP, and networking hardware (including routers, switches, firewalls would be considered a plus
- Previous industry experience in solution development, pre-sales technical roles
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and understanding customer technical/business needs and translating them into viable integrated solutions