AV Installation Technicians / Audio + Visual Solutions Division
Westbury National requires experienced installers for our Audio +Visual Solutions Division.
Required Skill Sets:
Wire and Cable Installation:
- Ability to fish wire through walls and conduits
- Understand the necessity to properly label all cables
- Ability to read cable risers and device location plans
- Knowledge of the various types of cables and their purpose
- Knowledge of the mechanical requirements to mount various devices to different surfaces.
- Knowledge of the correct type of anchors to use for each application (drywall, concrete, etc)
- Install projectors and their mounts, projection screens, plasma / LCD screens, both wall and ceiling mounts, various types of speakers, both wall and ceiling mount.
- Terminate various types of video cable with crimp type BNC’s or RCA’s.
- Terminate RJ45 style Cat5 connectors, both crimp and punch down.
- Terminate microphone and loudspeaker connections.
- Proper technique with regards to wire preparation, shield protection, and how cable dressing must be maintained.