Assistant Transport Manager
The Assistant Transport Manager reports directly to the Transport Manager, and is responsible for directly responding to the transportation needs and requests of the other departments.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for securing the facility;which includes; locking and unlocking the compound, shipping doors, rental office, dock doors, incoming equipment cage; check all truck doors, windows, and locks.
- Performs relevant safety checks daily on truck fleet to ensure that vehicles do not contain any new damage; record and investigate any damages, scheudling turck servicing and take corrective action.
- Co-ordinate shop drivers.
- Assist drivers on the road with scheduling and priority setting
- Create truck plots.
- Co-ordinate and assist in the timely loading and offloading of show trucks.
- Check loads for sensibility, security, and weight limitations.
- Book appropriate vehicles from suppliers, and maintain paperwork / rental sheets.
- Co-ordinate the pick-up and return of rental trucks.
- Fill in as required to make occasional emergency shop driver runs.
- Answer after-hours calls regarding gate keys, truck keys, & add-ons.
- Open gates and shop on weekend, and close up if last person out.
- Conduct orientation and training with new shop and show drivers
- Ensure that drivers are using MTO Circle Check Forms or Driver Log Books at all times.
- Review Circle check forms from drivers to see if any vehicles require repair or service.
- Maintain Circle Check forms and Driver Log Book forms on file for 6 months.
- Assume the responsibilities of the Transport Manager in his absence.
- 3-5 years of experience in similar role, with a strong knowledge and understanding of transportation and logistics
- Computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Filemaker
- Excellent organizational abilities; can prioritize and meet timelines in a busy deadline driven environment
- Strong detail orientation and financial responsibility
- Excellent problem capability and the ability to thib
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Physically capable of lifting at least 50lbs
- In possession of a valid G-class or preferably a DZ license
- Familiarity with the GTA