Account Manager - Public Audio Visual Tenders
Westbury National is one of Canada’s largest professional audio-visual integration and full-service event production companies. A recognized leader in Audio + Visual Solutions and Event + Show Services, we are celebrating 45 years of delivering award-winning corporate installations as well as lighting, audio, staging and production services for clients large and small across North America. Our mission is to deliver the best possible solutions and services for our clients, exceeding their expectations for quality, responsiveness and timeliness through our creativity, resourcefulness and expertise.
The incumbent in this role will primarily be focused on the execution of tenders for the public sector. You will be a champion relationship builder, fostering strategic relationships and using your technical aptitude to navigate the layers of the public tendering process.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to audio and audiovisual tenders issued by government agencies, educational institutions and general contractors.
- Collaborate internally with engineering, estimators, marketing and management to produce winning public tender submissions.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders such as AV industry consultants, general contractors, purchasing departments of municipalities, provincial government ministries, universities, colleges and other agencies who issue public tenders.
- Negotiate advantageous pricing and terms with manufacturers, distributors and industry sales representatives for public market opportunities.
- Develop a keen understanding of the internal estimating processes and maintain metric reports
- Lead project teams on awarded tenders, foster collaboration with project managers and engineers to deliver profitable projects, secure maintenance agreements and follow-on design/build and untendered work.
- Manage project change orders, progress invoicing and other project-related administrative and communication requirements.
- Maintain Zoho (CRM and resource-scheduling) software records.
- Maintain Filemaker (job costing) software records.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in the commercial audiovisual industry
- Technically savvy with a strong knowledge of audiovisual technologies, equipment and methodologies most commonly used in the Canadian public sector.
- A current CTS designation is preferred; however consideration will be given to candidates with the ability to successfully complete the CTS curriculum and exam within one year.
- Solid knowledge of Merx, Bidingo or Bonfire is considered a strong asset
- A proven track record in the submission of successful public tenders is essential
- Excellent excel and mathematical skills are required
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tender responses simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Proven organizational, record keeping and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and take initiative when required