Westbury National’s AVS (Audio Visual Solutions) Division is a diverse group of industry professionals, dedicated to building upon our enduring history of designing and deploying complex installed audio-visual solutions for our customers across Canada and around the world.
We are looking for a professional Account Manager to join our dynamic Audio Visual Solutions (AVS) team. To be successful in this role you must have a laser focus on how to provide a customer value. Everything we do is grounded in helping our customers achieve their objectives.
You are a master relationship builder who can strategically and seamlessly collaborate with your sales teammates, sales leadership, and design/engineering teams to qualify opportunities, translate client needs, provide insightful recommendations, develop project proposals, and secure complex integrated audio visual solution projects.
You’re the kind of person who gets excited by the process of serving your customers and maximizing account value through thorough planning and adherence to proven sales methodologies. In short, you’re one of the very few true Sales Professionals; and a lifelong student of the school of sales, constantly learning and improving.
Business Development & Sales
- Responsible for actively developing, pursuing, and closing complex integrated audio-visual business opportunities within assigned markets, verticals, and accounts.
- Research the markets you are responsible for and become the expert in all aspects of your target customer accounts. You constantly strive to understand how to provide value to our customers and how we can help them achieve their goals.
- Lead the preparation, delivery, and presentation of design build proposals and RFP opportunities.
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue and gross margin targets. Develop, manage, and execute on a plan to ensure consistent delivery at or above target
- Establish professional working relationships with manufacturers, distributors, consultants, and complimentary trade and engineering organizations.
- Represent the company at seminars, events, and trade shows as assigned.
- Develop new business opportunities in your assigned markets
- Develop and maintain ongoing list of targets for new accounts and recapture of lost accounts
- Actively build and maintain a pipeline of ongoing leads and qualified opportunities to close new business
Sales Process & Reporting
- Actively use our CRM platform as directed by management; when you’re not with a customer you’ll be in the CRM, utilizing it to its full potential as a tool to ensure we are serving our customers and meeting our revenue achievement objectives.
- Establish, own, and constantly hone major account plans; execute on these plans to maximize customer value and revenue opportunities
- Engage team members across Westbury leadership, marketing, sales, production and creative to help us win new opportunities
- Prepare reports as required using company provided tools and applications
- Attend sales meetings, training sessions, seminars, and industry events as assigned.
Technical and Business Expertise
- Possess a solid and proven understanding of audio visual and integration technologies; including but not limited to - video distribution and signal routing, audio technologies, display technologies (projection, LED, LCD), and control solutions
- Active industry and manufacturer certifications would be considered an asset (i.e. AVIXA CTS, Crestron, Extron, QSC, Biamp, Legrand, Poly, Zoom, Atlona, Kramer, etc.)
- An understanding of IT and networking technologies
- Experience leading customer negotiations, formal negotiation training is an asset.
- 5-10 years of outside sales and account management experience in Audio-Visual, Telecommunication, Collaboration, IT, or another parallel industry with a consistent and verifiable history of above quota achievement
- Bachelors’ or Associates degree in Business or a related field is preferred
- Experience successfully selling complex integrated solutions in a medium to long sales cycle environment
- Formal sales training considered an asset
- Proven knowledge in the development and execution of successful business development and account planning strategies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; focused and goal oriented